Last Modified 3/20/2013
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain procedural and technical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of any personal information you may provide to us during research screening, surveys, or this website.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
We collect certain information when you respond to a research qualification survey, a phone screen, or visit our website. This information enables us to place you in the most appropriate research study.
In addition, our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer when you visit our website. This information may include the type of browser software you use, the operating system you're running, the IP address assigned to your computer or Internet connection, and the IP address of the website, if any, that referred you to our website.
We use browser cookies to enhance your online experience. Browser cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer's hard drive when you visit certain websites. We utilize browser cookies to tell us, for example, whether you've visited our website before or if you're a new visitor. Browser cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site. If you wish to stop receiving browser cookies from us, you may disable existing browser cookies. Please note that disabling browser cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of all of our website features.
CONFIDENTIALITY / EXCEPTIONS
QUESTIONNAIRES, SURVEYS AND RESEARCH
On occasion we may invite you to complete an on-line survey or questionnaire. These surveys and questionnaires will seek your contact information, experience, interests and even your activities on-line. Any personal information gathered through your participation in questionnaires or surveys will only be used for the purpose of research, and will not be sold or shared with third parties not directly involved in the research except as is noted in the confidentiality/exceptions in this document.
If you agree to participate in research, your personal information will be used to verify that you qualify for the specific research.
CHILDREN USING THE INTERNET
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14. If you believe we have collected personal information from children under the age of 14, please notify us immediately so that we may take steps to eliminate such information.
A WARNING ABOUT E-MAIL THAT WE SEND; A WARNING ABOUT "PHISHING"
We do not and will not at any time request any personal information via e-mail, nor will we include a link to an account login page in any e-mail. If you receive an e-mail requesting any personal information, including without limitation your social security number, your credit card or bank information, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND BY PROVIDING ANY OF THE INFORMATION REQUESTED. We never request any of this information from you, even if you elect to sign up to participate in research. If you receive an e-mail requesting any of this information, it is likely that you have received an attempted theft of your identity commonly called "phishing." If you receive communication you suspect is "phishing", you should bring the e-mail to our attention by forwarding the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about "phishing," visit the Federal Trade Commission's website at www.ftc.gov.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
If you choose to e-mail us through the "contact Us" link on this website, you will be asked to provide information such as your name and e-mail address so that one of our employees can respond to your questions and comments. If, however, you wish to submit your questions or comments via U.S. mail, they can be mailed to:
1025 Alameda de las Pulgas #330
Belmont, CA 94002
RESEARCH PARTICIPANT BILL OF RIGHTS
Your participation in research is very important to us, and we value the information you provide. We believe that all research participants have certain rights, as follows:
- Your privacy and the privacy of your answers will be respected and maintained.
- Your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, personal information, and individual responses will only be used for the purposes of research and will not be sold to third parties.
- You will be informed in advance if an interview is to be recorded and of the intended use of the recording.
- The researcher will be identified to you. You will be told the name of the research organization and the general nature of the research.
- We will never sell you anything nor ask you for any money, under the guise of research or otherwise.
- We will endeavor to contact you at reasonable and convenient times. If, for any reason, the time is inconvenient, you may ask that we contact you again at a more convenient time.
- Your decision to participate in a study, answer specific questions, or discontinue your participation will be respected without question.
- We will endeavor to uphold the highest standards of professional conduct when collecting and reporting the information you provide.